ID Theft Solutions of America has the most effective and proven PROACTIVE data breach prevention program on the market. Looking beyond the “check the box” mentality we have grown accustom to and creating a real “Culture of Security”. Through risk analysis and preventive education, you will begin to see immediate changes in your employees’ habits giving your facility the foundation to providing better healthcare.
Protecting patient privacy has been the primary goal for most hospitals striving for compliance under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA, Title II). But as the industry has moved toward electronic health records (EHR) and mobile-based devices, the increase in electronic threats and system vulnerabilities has pushed privacy and security to be treated as one.
Due to an overwhelming task list of compliance standards, security practices continue to have a “checklist” mentality rather than a more solid foundation based improvement in the day-to-day handling of personal health information (PHI).
-2012 HIMSS ANALYTICS REPORT: Security of Patient Data
According to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Annual Report to Congress on Breaches of Unsecured Protected Health Information, THEFT was once again the most commonly reported cause of large breaches in healthcare organizations.
- 931,529,111 is the number of lost or stolen records since 2005
- $56.6 Billion annually is the cost to business from data breaches
- 96% of data breaches are avoidable through simple and immediate controls
- 89% of victims have not achieved compliance
- 68% of breaches occurred within companies under 1,000 employees
- 68% of breach cases last year involved in-person contact
- $200 is the average cost of a lost record
Facts are from Verizon Data Breach Report, 2013